First of all let us discuss what could be the reasons for a Ring doorbell not ringing
If your Ring doorbell gets disconnected from wi-fi then it may stop ringing and in order to solve this problem you can purchase a Wi-Fi extender between your router and the Ring doorbell, especially if the router is some distance away from the doorbell.
Avoid using Ring doorbell at low battery because not only do you have no doorbell when it dies, but you may have to go through the tiresome setup procedure again.
- Mobile notification silenced
Phones may put background apps to sleep to increase battery life. This can stop you receiving Ring alerts. In order to remove these hassles go to phone’s Settings menu, look for the Device Maintenance/Battery and make sure Ring is added to the list of apps that phone isn’t allowed to put to sleep.
Now let’s talk about the solution for this problem
* Start with the doorbell button — in most cases, it will be the beginning of the problem.
* Detach the doorbell button to remove it from the wall.
* Unhook the screws on the back of the button and disassociate the wires.
* Then touch the two wires together. If the chime rings, the button is faulty which should be changed as soon as possible.